TKAA FEST 2013 - APRIL 6 @ THE MOHAWK AUSTIN
The Kids Are Alright Fest (TKAAFest) is a benefit for children diagnosed with Autism that brings together Music Lovers, Skaters and Gamers for a day of good times for a good cause. Our goal is to provide conduits for young musicians, gamers and extreme athletes into their respective businesses while raising money for a good cause and promoting local business. This year’s festival will be benefiting The Conscious Rider Center for Equine Therapy, an organization that works with children diagnosed with autism through horseback riding therapy.
Five years ago, James Mays (the man who created SXSW Underage and the Band Aid School of Music and former Assistant Production Manager for SXSW Music, Production Director for the Miami Music Festival and Producer of NAMM’S School Jam USA) created the TKAA fest with some of his music students as a teen music festival hosted by Emo’s. Today, it has expanded to include skating and gaming alongside its concentration on music. The festival advocates the YOUTH as the future of the entertainment industry and aims to promote the growth of local businesses and organizations in Austin. The TKAA mission is to:
1) Produce the highest quality, socially conscious entertainment festival available
2) Promote the growth of the Austin community
3) Inspire and empower Austin’s young generation to be the innovators of our community’s future
4) Create ongoing win-win relationships with our local partners and sponsors
5) Care about our communities and our environment through benefiting a local nonprofit organization
This year’s festival will be held April 6 2013 @ The Mohawk Austin
Some Festival Rules:
1. NO Re-entry. Sorry, we know this sucks but we have to do it to ensure safety… can’t explain it all here, sorry.
2. You will NOT be allowed to bring in food and drink.
3. NO Pets permitted
4. NO refunds due to weather cancellation or other acts of man, woman or God.
5. YES Conduct yourself like a person of integrity.
6. YES Have FUN!!